Originally from the Chicago area, Dr. Sullivan grew up as an athlete. She played softball for 12 years before suffering a shoulder injury that ended her career. Since a young age, Dr. Sullivan knew she wanted to pursue an occupation in healthcare. Her passion for helping people + her fascination of the human body + her love of sports all collided to lead her down the path to becoming a chiropractor.
Prior to starting chiropractic school, Dr. Sullivan worked as a personal trainer. She obtained her personal training certification from the National Personal Training Institute—a 6-month, in-person program, which operates through the Board of Education in each state. Just before that, she earned her bachelor's degree in Kinesiology and Spanish from the University of Illinois—Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Sullivan was fortunate enough to study abroad in Bilbao, Spain, for 6 months while completing her undergraduate studies.
During chiropractic school, Dr. Sullivan completed extracurricular coursework in treating the extremities (feet, knees, hips, wrists, shoulders, etc.), soft tissues (instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization, trigger-point, and myofascial release), rehabilitation protocols (corrective exercise), and elastic taping (RockTape). She utilizes her array of skillsets to take a multifaceted approach to treatment.
When she is not working, Dr. Sullivan enjoys traveling, going to the beach, Latin dancing, biking, Zumba, Pilates, and spending time with friends and family.
Education & Post-Graduate Training
- Doctor of Chiropractic Degree – Palmer College of Chiropractic – Davenport, IA
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Kinesiology & Spanish – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Personal Training Certification – National Personal Training Institute – Lisle, IL
- Certified NeuroKinetic Therapy® (NKT) Practitioner Levels 1, 2, 3
- Chiropractic Hand & Foot Clinics of America – Advanced Extremity Adjusting
- Mally Enterprises – Carpal Tunnel Adjusting
- Mally Enterprises – Cervical & Temporomandibular (TMJ) Adjusting
- Mally Enterprises – Upper Extremity Adjusting
- Mally Enterprises – Lower Extremity Adjusting
- Active Release Techniques® (ART) – Upper Extremity
- Motion Palpation Institute – Full-Spine Analysis & Adjustive Technique
- Dr. Mark Charrette – Extremity Adjusting
- RockTape® – Fascial Movement Taping Levels 1 & 2